Is Core of Knowledge for me?
- Are you already doing some fixed orthodontics? (maybe STO)
- Have you been doing orthodontics for a while but feel you need to refresh and update?
- Are you frustrated at the limitations of the system you are using?
- Do you want to be able to diagnose the malocclusion, create a problem list and from that be able to suggest possible treatment options?
- Do you want 12 months free mentoring from a Specialist via our online forum?
- Would you like to treatment plan your own cases on the course?
- Do you want help with cases that are not going to plan?
- Do you want to effectively communicate a range of treatment options to your patients including writing an individual letter of consent and taking the required medico legal records?
- Do you need to build a learning portfolio and fully document your cases.
- Would you like to design your own appliances using your own choice of brackets?
- Do you want to use orthodontics to help with your restorative cases?
- Would you like to attend regular “Catch up Weekends” to review cases, ask questions and keep up to date with what’s new?
- Do you want to become part of a community of supportive and like-minded dentists?
Following Dates include:
20th, 21st & 22nd January 2017
19th, 20th & 21st May 2017
15th, 16th & 17th Sept 2017
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: The Gentle Touch Dental Studio, 11 The Diamond Center, Magherafelt, Co L/Derry, BT45 6ED
Orthodontics has seen a rapid increase in popularity over the last few years resulting in more adults requesting Orthodontic treatment and also General Practitioners undertaking this treatment. Much of this rise can be attributable to the improved appearance of appliances, for example tooth coloured brackets and wires and, the ‘direct to market’ approach of several Short Term Orthodontic companies.
Many of the courses available are 1-2 days in duration and focus on how to use the appliance - how to bond the appliance, tie in the wires etc. In such a short time there is simply insufficient time to cover the basic nuts and bolts of Orthodontics - Diagnosis, Creating alternative treatment plans, Biomechanics etc.
The aim of the course is not just to provide you with facts but to apply it your own patients and such help craft your knowledge based on fundamental principles. We do not promote one appliance or technique but give you the skills to be able to create a treatment plan based on bio-mechanical principles and then select appropriate materials/systems to deliver this.
Our unique teaching technique has been proven. We simplify, we empower, we support. It is fun, it may take you out of your comfort zone but at the end you will be able to present a patient in a typical Orthodontic that is understood and respected globally.
Limited to 20 delegates, you will be given all the lectures in advance to read through and the sessions will be used to treatment plan and discuss the cases you bring along to the course. This method of teaching is very interactive and pulls forward all the information in the lectures in a relevant and timely manner. You will also develop a learning portfolio and be encouraged to get some cases underway. During the course you will also be invitedto an online forum for delegates who have completed the course so you can gain further advice and support as you progress.
Learn from a clinician of outstanding expertise
Course fee: £550/day (UK Pounds)